Fury calls off Wilder trilogy fight, plots Joshua bout in 2021

Tyson Fury has officially called off his trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder after failing to agree a date in 2020, reports standard.co.uk.

Instead, Fury has turned his attention to a heavyweight world title reunification fight against Anthony Joshua next year.

The 32-year-old Briton had been due to fight American Wilder for a third time in July before Wilder pulled out with an injury. That was then moved to October before another shift to December. And after promoters failed to agree on a date this year, Fury said he would not look for a revised date in 2021.

He told The Athletic: “I was looking forward to smashing Wilder again. A quick and easy fight. But Wilder and his team were messing around with the date.

“They don’t really want to fight the lineal heavyweight champion. They know how it ends. The world knows how it will end…with Wilder on his arse again.

“They tried to change the date again into next year. I’ve been training, I’m ready. When they tried moving off December 19 and pushing to next year, enough was enough. I’ve moved on.”

Instead, Fury says he is “coming home” with a planned warm-up fight on British shores on December 5 before shifting his attention to Joshua, with that reunification fight loosely scheduled for April or May next year as part of a potential double header.

“I am the best fighter in the world, the lineal heavyweight champion, the two-time Ring magazine heavyweight champion, the WBC heavyweight champion,” said Fury. “And before the end of 2021, I will be the only man on this earth with a heavyweight championship belt.”

About The Author

LWPLUS Loveworld Plus | Your Christian Faith and Lifestyle Channel

You might be interested in

Leave a Reply

× How can I help you?